The Organic stores are leveling up their retails sales and distribution. As a result, it’s time to adopt grocery retailing software for their supply chain management.
There are some common problems like high perishability of the greens, fruits, and vegetables, and quick time around from harvest to delivery to end customers, and so on.
Lets us tell you how problems can be addressed using Grocery retailing software for retail
- LOT Management Tracking: Track your stock right from procurement to multiple sales channels in your business by LOT management system. RHBUS lot system helps in tracking an exact lot of each product and helps in showing the age of the product & helps in managing the stock in the FIFO method.
- 100% monitoring of stocks: Know the actual stock received from the supplier and compare it with the ordered quantity. RHBUS status dashboard will help the purchaser to see the status of the Purchase order on Goods Received partial or received incomplete.
- Bin level management of stocks: Tracking the stock till the storage unit level will give enormous control on the physical stock availability & managing the product visibility at the time of pick or transfer the stock to store, & also know your product’s shelf life and expiry days of the stocks in their respective locations, zones, shelves, and storage unit which will help in the reduction of wastage.
Grocery retailing software for retail can also help in improving brand in the following ways
- Omni sales channels management: RHBUS is a True omnichannel platform with options to manage multiple sales channels (including POS, E-com, B2B, third e-com party sales) in one platform for order management and tracking real-time stocks on hand.
- Third-party item code integration: The third-party item code integration feature in the RHBUS application will help in the reduction of human errors and reduce time consumption by importing sales orders in bulk.
- UOM conversions: Automatic unit of measure conversion helps you in keeping the accuracy of the inventory, irrespective of how the UOM is in the received goods.
Example: You can Purchase stocks in i.e., KGS, BOX, BUNDLE, etc, and these can sell in EACH, UNIT, PACK, etc and still the inventory will be accurate.
How ERP can optimize your business process
- Batchwise bulk sales invoice: RHBUS has a built-in feature that allows bulk conversion or batch-wise conversion of multiple sales orders to the warehouse pick and further to sales invoice. This helps in processing the E-commerce & B2B orders.
- Connecting weigh scale while shipping: RHBUS has a built-in weigh scale integration feature that allows you to capture the Weight of the products before shipping to the customer and generate an invoice and AWB for the same shipped quantity.
- RHBUS API: Allows integration with shipment partner, Prepaid cards & Payment gateways helps in building the business to the next level.
- Wastage tracking: With RHBUS segmentation, the User can track the wastage of stocks at the warehouse, Loss in transfer from the warehouse to store, and daily wastage at each store and take corrective actions to reduce it.
- Shelf life of the product: keeping track of the Product is very crucial for reducing wastage, and improving customer satisfaction, the ERP should be able to track the same.
- RHBUS Built-in Warehouse: Management can transfer from the warehouse to stores & another warehouse, at the same time tracking the actual stock availability in all the locations and tracking accountability of employees as every action in RHBUS is tracked by their user id and time stamp.
- POS for retail: Retail POS allows Fast check-out increasing the throughput of customers at the cash register. This reduces the chances of a customer seeing a long line and thus improving satisfaction.
How ERP can help you retain customers
- Loyalty plan: RHBUS has built-in loyalty management that allows customers to earn & burn the Loyalty points by just scanning the QR Code on their mobile, thus giving them incentives and satisfaction.
RHBUS is a saas-based application built for real-world problems and implemented for products of the soil stores, greengrocer, or natural food stores (F&V). Regardless of whether customers own a solitary store or a chain of stores, it will meet your requirements.
Using Retail software is a need in this fast-changing world.
Retail software plays a very important role in keeping track of all the activity, not just purchase and sales but the product aging which helps in reducing stock which is blocking the working capital.
Retail Business needs to press the Reconfigure button in terms of Marketing & Sales of the Products in the Real-world. The trends of shopping have changed drastically from in-store shop sales to online sales concept. It has taken an upside-down business strategy, which has to be adopted by a small shop keeper to Branded big size businesses.
Here is what hits your mind if you are in a Retail business, what kind of technologies or infrastructure should I need to pass through these hurdles of sales?
Also these are the few simple things to check from Business Solutions Partners & Bring in the intelligence to stores:
let’s start this from what is Omnichannel? It’s a Multi-channel Sales approach In Retail Business that provides the customer to shop the products from different channels like an e-commerce website, mobile app, market places like (Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc.), or from in-store POS systems.
As the “SAAS” word explains itself as “Software as A Service”. In this pandemic era, the Retail business is going in downwards and has shrinkage in the cash flows. This is where the SAAS based cloud platforms will come into the frame, which is cost-effective as there will be no high upfront cost to pay. There are multiple plans like monthly, quarterly, or yearly. Or even you can go with a Transaction basis also. This kind of platform provides you a complete set of solutions required to run the Retail Business.
Data Analysis Reports –
“Data is the King” in the World now. How does the data help in doing strategic sales?
By using the sales data, the RHBUS ERP platform captures the data of walk-in sales or E-commerce customer contact, DOB detail along with the purchase patron of what product they are interested in, and what is the interval of the visit or purchase through the store or e-commerce portal. This helps is pushing out for marketing through running private sales, Promoting to those customers.
Integration with third-party logistics
Get connected with Logistics partners Using integration with the Cloud-based supply chain platform, this third-party logistics API pulls the details of shipping and product dimensions and gives you the shipping cost. also, generate the shipping label. where the shipping company will take care of delivering, and with tracking facilities.
Also, Payment gateway integrations help to send the payment link to the customer & it’s super easy to collect cash from your customer anywhere & anytime! Isn’t that cool!
Modern business solutions will facilitate effective management for day to day process flow and build the Business.
This is some little information & an overview of the knowledge that I have in retail stores to look into the business in different perceptions, and start to accelerate it slow & steady process. Start with a platform that provides end to end services for your business with a SAAS based module. Hope this Blog helps you in deciding the right path to your business operations.
The acronym ERP stands for Enterprise resource planning – which indeed acts as support for the day to day business operations. It includes Procurement, Warehouse management, SCM, Manufacturing, Accounting in the basket of ERP. ERP systems tie together and define business processes and enable the flow of data between them. By collecting an organization’s shared transnational data from multiple departments, which helps the management to take up the decisions based on the real time accurate data.
ERP systems eliminate data duplication and provide data integrity with a “single source of truth”
Cloud based ERP for SME , need to have stronger technology-based ERP. Because, SME’s face many problems related with Marketing, Communication within organization, Opportunity Cost etc. that may lead to inefficiency at additional cost
Advantages of having ERP in SMEs:
1. Efficiency – will be increased when company adopts the ERP in the organization, it reduces or eliminates the human interactions to the least possible point, Errors will be reduced and speed will be increased in the operations. Indeed, the efficiency of the workers will also increase as the burden is reduced from the manual worker.
2. Lack of communication within organization – which intern leads lots of redundant of data entry, miscommunication of reports, customer dissatisfaction etc. ERP gives them a open and integrated communication which results in duplication and increase of accuracy of data.
3. Collaboration – different departments in a company will act as one. ERP collaborates with each departments and gives the real time reports to management to know the business position at any point of time.
4. Operating Cost – ERP software reduces administrative and operations costs. It allows organizations to proactively manage operations, prevents disruptions and delays, breaks up information logjams and helps users make decisions more quickly. If chosen the right solution for the business, and the right vendor who meets the needs, bound to see a powerful ROI
5. Process flow across the organization – which streamlines the operations of the business process flow in the company. This give the management team to actively involve in all the process of the organization before shipped or purchase by approving the transactions. This Improves accounting control and shorter sales to cash cycle.
6. Mobility of work – is done by anywhere in the world at any point of time
Problems while opting the ERP in SME’s:
1. Technology – insufficient knowledge on ERP technologies can also end up electing wrong ERP for the organization. Which intern lead to change of ERP in shorter time phases.
2. Trust factor – ERP implementation partner should be trusted person and should have the consulting skills with industry specific experience to analysis the pain points of the company.
3. Return on investment – most of the SME will think of cost of licenses & implementing of ERP in the company but, the real deal is in the ROI of after implementation. ROI calculations needs consultation and time to arrive at the expected result.
Although Cloud based ERP for SME provides many advantages, its implementation is a strategic decision, involving significant resources (both financial and human), proper evaluation and business process re-engineering. There must be a commitment from all levels of the organization. SME’s should not think of investment for immediate ROI, but they need to make a clear concept and vision of the organization. ERP which is designed for SME’s will support to increase the functional speed of the organization.
Dead stock or Slow-Moving Stocks are referred as stocks which are not moved or laid for long term in warehouse and over the period of time those stocks will be become obsolete and useless.
“According to the studies the well-run companies are also have anywhere from 20-30% of inventory as dead stock. These dead stocks can affect in the business profitability in long term”.
#Reasons for dead stock:
1. Low Demand in market – When demand is less in market & stocks are more in Warehouse, the stocks will become slow-moving or dead stock.
2. Inaccurate Forecasting of demand & supply – while purchasing the products from the vendor, know the sales trend of the product in stores. If anything is ordered excess that may become obsolete in warehouse
3. Communication between Warehouse team & Sales team – if the company doesn’t have livestock reports with the sales team, that may cause in under the utilization of the items in warehouse.
4. Lacking Inventory Management systems – inventory systems are very much important in a company to know the stock in hand, procurement of stocks & sales trends in the market. These 3 aspects will give the clear knowledge on the company inventory costing. These 3 things may go out of reach when there is no inventory management in an organization.
#Impact on business by dead stock:
1. Cost of Warehouse & Space utilization: if the cost of the warehouse is increasing that means the working capital /return on investment Cash held up in non-selling inventory is what we call non-working capital. The investment should be working to bring profits which can be re-invested to buy fast-moving stock that will generate even more profit.
2. Offers on old products – This will reduce the profit of the company by giving offers on the product. These costs are often hidden cost for the company.
3. Opportunity Cost or Carry cost – the company is spending money on a dead inventory item & the held-up money that can’t be used to procure an item that will sell and gain profit. This will indeed make loss to company by reducing the sales by not procuring the fast-moving products.
4. Lost sales cost of inventory – when there is high demand for product & low inventory levels in a company that will directly affect the Gross profit of the company as the products can’t be sold when there is high demand in the market.
#Liquidating the dead stock:
1. Bundle it with other products. Combine and sell it with related products at a discount
2. Purchase Return – By returning the stocks to the vendor will circulate the stocks to others who can make use of it.
3. Promotions & discounts on Product- apply discounts on outdated products, combo offers with fast moving products & higher loyalty points can be given to slow moving product.
4. Organised the stock in warehouse where staff can easily find the slow-moving product easily. So, that the items can be disposed after the certain time of doing purchase & also, by adopting the inventory management system in the organization can help making of it.